Friday, May 27, 2011

Fresh sounds of Level 2

Level2
Since living in Brazil I've had the great pleasure of getting to know Level 2, a fresh new producer hailing from São Paulo. His tunes have a unique sound. They are dirty, simple and sexy, all at the same time. He uses interesting samples with a limited library which makes you know instantly that the tune is a Level 2, but by no means does this make them uniform or boring - his tunes usually eliciting an amazing crowd's response.

He has multiple releases on Liquid V, including 'Going Back', and 'Ghetto Sounds', and has many more unreleased bombs, including one of my favorites featured on his exclusive Allsorts mix, 'Touch The Sky', a collaboration with Critycal Dub. So stay tuned!!

We're very lucky to present a Level 2 mix and interview for our Allsorts readers.

Q. How did you first get into deejaying and producing?
A. I always liked music … I went to the hidden nights a saw the djs playing. To me it was the maximum. In 2002 I started to by vinyl and more vinyl. I practiced during the week and played in local parties on the weekends. But I found that to only play wasn’t enough. So I started to produce, and my first release was in 2008 for Liquid V Records. I was so happy and am still!!

Q. What was the first piece of vinyl you bought? and the last?
A.The first was DJ Zinc – Ska. The last was a classic that I have really wanted – Matrix & Danny J – Paridiso. Love this tune so much!

Q. What's your favorite record cover?
A. Dj Marky & Bungle - No Time to Love….!! haha

Q. Which producers are you loving right now?
A. There are so many! But at the moment I listen a lot to S.P.Y, Enei, and guy from Belgium called M-Zine. So good!

Q. ... and dj's?
A. Dj Marky, Dj Rusty and also my friend, Mario André….!

Q. If you were stuck on a desert island with a stereo, and a limitless supply of just one type of music, what type of music would you choose to listen to, for the rest of your (short, but fun-frolicking, island) life?
A. Good question… I have to share it between R&B … Soul … and drum n bass … hahahaha

Q. Should we expect to see any releases from you in the near future?
A. At the moment I’m working on my new EP (Rampage EP) for Liquid V. I’ll also be launching the other tracks for the Liquid V Club Sessions 4 CD soon. I also have tracks signed with Innerground Records, DJ Marky’s label, and I’m really happy. I Only need to say one thing – Keep your eyes open because I have lots of new tunes coming!


Visit Level 2 on Soundcloud

Download and listen to Level2's mix here Level 2 Studio Mix for www.weareallsorts.com by level2sets

Tracklist

Level 2 & Critycal Dub - Touch the Sky VIP [Chronic Dub]
Dillinja - Nasty Ways [Cybotron EP]
S-vb - Breakout [SPbreakz Dub]
Level 2 - Ghetto Sounds VIP [Liquid V]
Dramatic & DbAudio - Vigilant [Liquid V Dub]
Interface feat Willian Cartwight - Truth Beyond [Clearskyz]
Level 2 - Conquest [Liquid V]
Level 2 - Murder on the Dancefloor [Innerground Dub]
L Side - High Doses [?]
Dramatic & DbAudio - Im for Real [Liquid V Dub]
Critycal Dub - Zum Zum Dub [?]
Roni Size - Trust me [Talkin Loud]
Mutated Forms - Ready when u Are [Grid]
Serum - Snuff Box [Philly Blunt]
Top Cat - Ruffest Gun Ark (Chase & Status Remix)
Total Science & S.P.Y. - Magic Hour [C.I.A]
Need For Mirriors feat Stapleton MC - Greazy [V]
Random Movement - Psychedelic Drainpipe [Innerground]
Subsid - My One & Only [?]